Firefighters recently saved a dog in Romania using one of the most basic first aid techniques: CPR.
The dog had collapsed from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out Dec. 9 in a ground-floor apartment in Pitești, a city just west of Bucharest.
The dog’s owner, a 51-year-old man, was seriously injured and quickly taken to the hospital, Romanian media reported. But the dog stayed behind, lying motionless on the curb.
That’s when Costache Mugurel stepped in. The local firefighter gave the dog multiple chest compressions and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation before slipping an oxygen mask over the dog’s snout. Read more…